Usually after a weight loss surgery the skin and tissues lack the elasticity to conform to a reduced body size. Excess of saggy skin and fat may need to be removed with body contouring procedures. The underlying support tissue will be reshaped to obtain a better proportioned body. Body Contouring is a combination of various procedures and it needs to be performed in stages. Your cosmetic surgeon will work with you to design the best surgical plan according to your needs and expectations.
Body Contouring Procedures
- Face Lift / Bichectomy – Sagging of the mid-face, neck and jowls will be needed to contour your face. Bichat removal will also improve your looks.
- Gynecomastia – Male breast reduction surgery will flatten and enhance men’s chest. All excess skin will be removed. A masculine appearance will be the result.
- Breast Lift / Reduction / Implants – Breast procedures help reshape the breasts to the desired size. Depending on your specific case, your surgeon will recommend what is best to enhance your silohuette.
- Arm Lift – Surgery to remove sagging skin of the upper arms may be necessary. Incisions can be made on the inside or on back of the upper arms.
- Thigh Lift – Reshaping the inner thighs will definitely improve contours of the outher thigh.
- Body Lift – A lower body lift will remove excess skin of the abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks and outer thighs. Long incisions will be performed to achieve a good outcome.
Am I a Good Candidate ?
People who mantain a healthy lifestyle are ususally good candidates. While it may have taken you 2-3 years to lose the excess weight of your body, it may take the same amount of time for the results of surgery to be complete. Realistic goals and expectations are the key to achieve a good outcome. Also keep in mind that proper recovery time will be essential. Make sure that you have a companion/friend that will help you through this process. Here are some key factors that your surgeon will consider to approve you for surgery:
- Stable weight for the past 4-6 months
- Medical conditions / chronic diseases
- Smoking /Drinking Habits
- Healty Nutrition
- Regular excercise
Recovering perfectly well and following post care instructions is a must. Depending on the procedures performed, bending, lifting or straining may be restricted for some weeks. But, be prepared to start walking as soon as possible after surgery. Remember that only two or three procedures may be performed in one session. Once you have a full recover, you can go under more procedures in the next 4-6 months. Remember that this is a process and your patience may be tested, but at the end you will be more than pleased with the results.
Requesting your Firmquote™
If you are planning to have your cosmetic surgery done in the next couple of months, go ahead and request your firmquote: click here. It will include your medical history and photos. We will forward your complete file to our Surgeon in order to obtain his feedback and a taylor-made quote for you. We also invite you to check our standard price list in our website or just download our App available for Android and Apple. You can also join our community where you can chat with any of us.
Scheduling your Teleconsultation
Teleconsultation is one of the most powerful tools that we can use to connect you with your Surgeon abroad. You can read much more about it in my article: How to be Ready for your Teleconsultation
For more information, leave me a note or you can write to me directly at [email protected]